The FAMES Lab is a modern laboratory spanning about 3800 ft2. It is located in the Multidisciplinary Engineering and Sciences Hall (MESH). The ISE FAMES Lab spaces consist of:
- Draw tower facility (high-bay 100k clean room)
- Two fiber preform fabrication laboratories (100k cleanrooms)
- Additive manufacturing facility (100k clean room)
- Two optical / electronic characterization laboratories (100k cleanrooms)
- Fiber design and general maker space
Take a virtual tour of the facility here (179 scans of the laboratory space) and learn more about the 3-year-long construction project and plannification of each room here (3D models of each work spaces).