Pervasive sensing for Internet of Things, nano-to-macro integration by additive manufacturing, fiber devices for bio-synthetic interfacing and biomimetic fibers, fiber-embedded nano-photonics and nano-devices, fabrics with active functionalities.
Awards, Honors, and Fellowships
- 2010 - 2011: Rothschild post-doctoral fellowship of Yad Hanadiv
- 2007 - 2010 : Eshkol scholarship of the Israel Ministry of Science
- 2007 - 2008 : Intel award for outstanding Ph.D. students
- 2006 - 2007 : Wolf foundation doctoral excellence scholarship
- 2006 - 2007 : Fulbright doctoral dissertation fellowship
- Director of Fibers and Additive Manufacturing Enabled Systems Laboratory at the Department of Intelligent System Engineering (ISE FAMES Lab).
- Extensive experience in 3D printing, electrooptic materials, semiconductor device physics, integrated photonic circuits, and functional fibers, leading to seven first-author, six co-authored publications and four patent applications.
- Invented and tested novel fabrication techniques, including generic methodologies for fabrication of: photonic integrated circuitry in electrooptic substrates, fiber-embedded arrays of Si nano-spheres, fiber-embedded Si-Ge hetero-structures, and fiber-embedded highly stressed semiconductors.
- Designed and assembled measurement and processing setups such as: 3D printing setups, multi-axial prism couplers for characterization of waveguide-embedded photonic structures, birefringence-measurement setups for characterization of magneto- and electrooptical properties of ferroelectrics, and high-throughput high-temperature tapering and breakup setups for silica-based fiber processing.
- Developed and investigated novel prototype devices such as electrooptically-tunable phonic structures, photo detecting fibers, and fiber-based chemical sensors.